PILOT REVIEW: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

By Thursday, December 04, 2014 , , , ,

The missions of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.



Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D like other Marvel comics has been adapted to the screen, although it's a small screen this time. The story revolves around SHIELD agents fighting unusual enemies. Kind of like Men in Black, with less ugly looking aliens.

The first episode revealed that Phil isn't actually dead. Well, surprise! The pilot introduces us to characters we're not really familiar with. It barely hinted the main plot for the rest of the series. A little something here, a little something there, but not really dumping it all at once. It gives us time to formulate impressions about the characters.

The special effects for this tv series is pretty cool. Considering this is only a tv series, you'd think they wouldn't spend in enhancing computer graphics.

Acting is on point! Everyone fits their characters well. I especially love the casting of Melinda May. Ming Na Wen is just awesome! Also, because she's Asian. My girl crush is Elizabeth Henstridge. She's awkward and cool at the same time. She's also cute.

I really can't judge the series base on its pilot alone. The pilot is pretty cool to me, and I've read reviews that said it's boring. I'll probably marathon this series this Christmas break, along with the many series I should have finished. Also, I kinda regretted not watching this series last year.



There's also going to be a new Marvel tv show. I'm not sure if Agent Carter would last more than two seasons, but we'll see. I just watched an interview Hayley Atwell, where she wished Peggy Carter would have her own movie. Not a movie though, but a tv show will do. I'll be looking forward to this as well.


Recommended to: Basically, everyone.

Rating: 4.5/5

Links: IMDb - Official Site





You Might Also Like

0 comments