Most Anticipated Releases of February

By Monday, February 03, 2014


          Here are the books in my to-read shelf that's going to be released this month. The list isn't really long, only 10 books. There are dystopian books and crime/mystery books I'm familiar with. And there's a New Adult book...which is another trial book. I haven't really liked New Adult contemporary. But I don't want to give up in this genre/age group. There are also genres I haven't gotten into yet. This list of books should be enough to keep me up this month. So here are the books:




Landry Park (Landry Park #1) by Bethany Hagen
Expected Publication Date: February 04, 2014

In a fragmented future United States ruled by the lavish gentry, seventeen-year-old Madeline Landry dreams of going to the university. Unfortunately, gentry decorum and her domineering father won't allow that. Madeline must marry, like a good Landry woman, and run the family estate. But her world is turned upside down when she discovers the devastating consequences her lifestyle is having on those less fortunate. As Madeline begins to question everything she has ever learned, she finds herself increasingly drawn to handsome, beguiling David Dana. Soon, rumors of war and rebellion start to spread, and Madeline finds herself and David at the center of it all. Ultimately, she must make a choice between duty - her family and the estate she loves dearly - and desire.


I got this a an arc. And I know I have a day to finish this book, before my review is due. So yeah.. fast reading! Fast reading!



Expected Publication Date: February 06, 2014
When Poppy Sinclair and her boyfriend visit snowy Cambridge, she doesn't expect to discover the body of a student - arms outstretched in the act of smearing bloody angel wings on the chapel's floor. Suddenly, Poppy is faced with the possibility that the one closest to her heart might be the one committing the most malicious of crimes. Dodging porters and police, dreading what she might find, Poppy follows the clues left by a murderer bent on revenge. Long-hidden secrets are chillingly revealed, an avenging angel seeks forgiveness and red-hot vengeance must be quelled in the amazing new Poppy Sinclair thriller.


 I don't want to read the first book. And I got the book as e-arc. I really like a good crime and mystery book. I hope this book is one!


Fates (Fates #1) by Lanie Bross
Expected Publication Date: February 11, 2014

What if your destiny was to kill the one you love?
One moment. One foolish desire. One mistake. And Corinthe lost everything. She fell from her tranquil life in Pyralis Terra and found herself exiled to the human world. Her punishment? To make sure people’s fates unfold according to plan. Now, years later, Corinthe has one last assignment: kill Lucas Kaller. His death will be her ticket home. But for the first time, Corinthe feels a tingle of doubt. It begins as a lump in her throat, then grows toward her heart, and suddenly she feels like she’s falling all over again—this time for a boy she knows she can never have. Because it is written: one of them must live, and one of them must die.In a universe where every moment, every second, every fate has already been decided, where does love fit in?

Got this one as e-arc too! To be honest, I hate books like this. But... 2014 is supposed to be an adventurous year. Reading a book I don't normally like is adventure for me. I just hope I don't DNF this.


Expected Publication Date: February 11, 2014

In the tradition of Memento and Inception comes a thrilling and scary young adult novel about blurred reality where characters in a story find that a deadly and horrifying world exists in the space between the written lines.






This sounds so awesome! I really love Inception and it reminds me of Inkheart. Although, I haven't read the Inkheart series, I did watch the film. This isn't my first time reading an Ilsa J. Bick book. I have read the first book in her Ashes trilogy. I didn't like the book. I was thinking of skipping this too. But the synopsis is so interesting! I also have noticed that this is a hit or miss for readers who've reviewed this as an arc.




Expected Publication Date: February 11, 2014

Addie hardly recognizes her life since her parents divorced. Her boyfriend used her. Her best friend betrayed her. She can’t believe this is the future she chose. On top of that, her ability is acting up. She’s always been able to Search the future when presented with a choice. Now she can manipulate and slow down time, too . . . but not without a price.
Meanwhile, her best friend, Laila, has a secret of her own: she can restore Addie’s memories . . . once she learns how. But there are powerful people who don’t want to see this happen. Desperate, Laila tries to manipulate Connor, a brooding bad boy from school—but he seems to be the only boy in the Compound immune to her charms. And the only one who can help her.
As Addie and Laila frantically attempt to retrieve the lost memories, Addie must piece together a world she thought she knew before she loses the love she nearly forgot . . . and a future that could change everything.


I originally planned to NEVER READ this book but since I've been trying out things I hate why not give this one another chance! I didn't quite like the characters in this book. And the character I liked turned out to be a major douche. 


Spare Bride by Adele Parks
Expected Publication Date: February 13, 2014

Damaged and beautiful, they were the generation who lost so much and became 'spare brides'. The richly compelling and emotional new novel from Sunday Times bestselling author Adele Parks is the powerful story of four extraordinary women left to pick up the pieces of their lives, in the scarred, glamorous and endlessly fascinating post-First World War era.



Look at the cover! Isn't it pretty? Yes, that's what drew me into giving this book a try. Also, I have read books about post-Second World War but never a book about post-First World War or even about the First World War. 




Insanity by Susan Vaught
Expected Publication Date: February 18, 2014

Never, Kentucky is not your average scenic small town. It is a crossways, a place where the dead and the living can find no peace. Not that Forest, an 18-year-old foster kid who works the graveyard shift at Lincoln Hospital, knew this when she applied for the job. Lincoln is a huge state mental institution, a good place for Forest to make some money to pay for college. But along with hundreds of very unstable patients, it also has underground tunnels, bell towers that ring unexpectedly, and a closet that holds more than just donated clothing....When the dead husband of one of Forest's patients makes an appearance late one night, seemingly accompanied by an agent of the Devil, Forest loses all sense of reality and all sense of time. Terrified, she knows she has a part to play, and when she does so, she finds a heritage that she never expected. 

Well...it's horror! I hate horror. But again...let's try to "ugh" things.


Expected Publication Date: February 25, 2014

Tella Holloway is losing it. Her brother is sick, and when a dozen doctors can't determine what's wrong, her parents decide to move to Montana for the fresh air. She's lost her friends, her parents are driving her crazy, her brother is dying—and she's helpless to change anything.
Until she receives mysterious instructions on how to become a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed. It's an epic race across jungle, desert, ocean, and mountain that could win her the prize she desperately desires: the Cure for her brother's illness. But all the Contenders are after the Cure for people they love, and there's no guarantee that Tella (or any of them) will survive the race.
The jungle is terrifying, the clock is ticking, and Tella knows she can't trust the allies she makes. And one big question emerges: Why have so many fallen sick in the first place?

So many good review about this book! I'm so excited to read this for myself and experience what my goodreads friends have experienced. Lucky the got the e-arc! 



Expected Publication Date: February 25, 2014

When Harlow Manning's rocker father goes on tour, he sends her to Rosemary Beach, Florida, to live with her half-sister, Nan. The problem: Nan despises her. Harlow has to keep her head down if she wants to get through the next nine months, which seems easy enough. Until gorgeous Grant Carter walks out of Nan's room in nothing but his boxer briefs.
Grant made a huge mistake getting involved with a girl with venom in her veins. He'd known about Nan's reputation, but still he couldn't resist her. Nothing makes him regret the fling more than meeting Harlow, who sends his pulse racing. Yet Harlow wants nothing to do with a guy who could fall for her wicked half-sister, even if there are no strings between Grant and Nan. Grant is desperate to redeem himself in Harlow's eyes, but did he ruin his chances before he even met her?


This is actually the NA I've mentioned above. I don't normally read NA contemporary, and when I do I somehow end up hating them...or loving them! It's a 5-star or 2-star rating. What made me want to read the book is the word "chance". I end up liking most books with "summer" and "chance" in their title. So let's give CHANCE a CHANCE!


Tsarina by J. Nelle Patrick
Expected Publication Date: February 27, 2014

Natalya knows a secret.
A magical Faberge egg glows within the walls of Russia's Winter Palace.
It holds a power rooted in the land and stolen from the mystics.
A power that promises a life of love for her and Alexei Romanov.
Power, that, in the right hands, can save her way of life.
But it's not in the right hands.


Another pretty cover! And a book about Russian aristocrats! I'm definitely spreading my wings when it comes to books. And this is another historical fiction.

      There you go, the book that will be released this month. I hope I can read them all this month too. Imagine how high my TBR pile. And I also wish someone could buddy read at least one book with me. If you're interested just comment or tweet me!
      If you have books you're expecting to release this month, don't hesitate to share! I love discovering new books. We all do!




~PAT~



You Might Also Like

0 comments