ARC REVIEW: Witch Finder

By Friday, January 31, 2014 , , , , , , , ,

Witch Finder (Witch Hunter #1) by Ruth Warburton

Genre: Historical Fiction, Paranormal
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: /
Format: eARC (via Netgalley)
Publication Date: January 2, 2014
Publisher: Hodder Children's Books
Links: Goodreads


London. 1880. In the slums of Spitalfields apprentice blacksmith Luke is facing initiation into the Malleus Maleficorum, the fearsome brotherhood dedicated to hunting and killing witches. Luke’s final test is to pick a name at random from the Book of Witches, a name he must track down and kill within a month, or face death himself. Luke knows that tonight will change his life forever. But when he picks out sixteen-year-old Rosa Greenwood, Luke has no idea that his task will be harder than he could ever imagine



Luke, a blacksmith, must prove his loyalty to the brotherhood. A brotherhood that kills witches. When Luke picked Rosa Greenwood's name in the Book of Witches, he is determined to prove that he is fearsome. But he doesn't know what lies ahead.

Boohoo! My summary is so unappealing. I practically skimmed the rest of the book after 11%. When I skim books, it means the book is boring. And this is one boring and predictable book.

This book reminds me a lot of Born Wicked. And I didn't like Born Wicked. I love stories about witches but so far I can only name 2 or 3 books about witches that I really liked. It's so disappointing because according to the synopsis the book has potential. BUT IT WAS JUST TOO BORING! I didn't find anyone interesting, except maybe for Sebastian. And I only like him just because I love the name Sebastian. But if I gave this book enough chance I think I would like Sebastian, regardless if he is evil.

I don't really know if I have a right to review and give this book a low rating. But whatever, thanks netgalley and Hodder for the e-arc.





rating
★☆☆☆☆
Meh!



~PAT~

You Might Also Like

0 comments