ARC REVIEW: Fireblood

By Friday, January 31, 2014 , , , , , , ,

Fireblood (Fireblood #1) by Trisha Wolfe

Genre: Dystopia, High Fantasy
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: /
Format: eARC (via Netgalley)
Publication Date: November, 26, 2013
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Links: Goodreads, Amazon


To save a kingdom, Zara must choose between a prince who could be the answer and a rising rebellion that threatens to take control. When Zara Dane is chosen to marry Prince Sebastian Hart, son of the man who ordered her father's capture, Zara knows she must fight to save everything she loves from ruin. Being betrothed to the prince means a life trapped behind the towering stone walls of the Camelot-forged realm. Under the watchful eye of the prince's first knight, Sir Devlan Capra, changing her future becomes difficult. When an unlikely rebel reveals the truth about the deadly secrets that fuel King Hart's twisted world, Zara's path to rescue her father becomes clouded by deception. The Rebels clear her path by forcing Zara's hand with an ultimatum: sway Prince Sebastian to join the Rebels, convincing him of his father's evil nature, or they will take him out. But Zara is uncertain about a future under the Rebels' command and where the prince's heart truly lies. She must decide who to trust, what to believe, and what she's truly fighting for before the king destroys all of Karm, including her heart.




Karm is surrounded by a force field. It protects us, hiding us from Outside. The wasteland.

After the nuclear fallout of the Final War, and the Virus that camr shortly after, nothing remains of the old world except destruction, death and plague.


The world is infected by a Virus. We don't know what its name. We don't know what its type. We don't know what it is. But the Virus makes the infected, called Taken, zombie-like. And instead of battling the zombies and finding cure for the Virus, they build a new society or rebuild an old one. And they based it on... *drum roll pls* CAMELOT! Oh wow how...uhm...amazing? *rolls eyes*
Now the King of Karm is dying. He wants his son, Prince Sebastian, to find a wife in order for him to take the position of the king. And that's where Zara came in.

I read this within 2 days, about 2 months ago. I originally gave this 4 stars. Damn you fine writing! The writing is really good. So I kinda skimmed it again, and crap do I realize how poorly the characters are. I remembered having a headache after reading the book, since I tweeted and noted it. Oh this book, so many faults but I enjoyed the romance. Eck!

I didn't fully grip the setting. All along I was imagining the tv show Under the Dome. I don't understand how they can be so advance in science, and live in a society with technology while wearing those heavy wears they used to centuries ago. The whole Camelot reincarnation wasn't really necessary in my opinion. I understand that the author build a plot around it too. But it's just meh for me! BECAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND! The book tries to be everything, that's why it's so confusing.

We have stupid Zara, bland Devlan, and Prince Sebastian with Daddy issues. Gahh! I really love the name Sebastian and I almost love every character with the name, but not this one. This one is so hot and cold! It reminded me of William Herondale, since he is like that too. But Will is a good person trying hard to be arrogant and rude for a reason. Sebastian is just rude and pathetic. And with Daddy issues. Sebastian gets what he wants immediately, so when Zara wants to take it slow he started becoming cruel to her and pushing her.
Zara is just so unreal! The whole book happened in 2~3months. How can she learn to fight, ride a horse and other things in a short time? *rolls eyes* Now, Devlan, Devlan is boring. His lines made me tingle though. LIKE HOW COULD YOU DO THIS? NO CHEESY LINES PLS!

There's a love triangle between...I think you know by now. The romance is okay. I remembered tweeting a lot of OMG and LOL.
I really forgot everything about this book. I just relied on my notes. And my notes are full of cursing. So it didn't help at all, and I don't want to read the book again.

I don't recommend this book at all, because I didn't like this.

Thanks netgalley!




rating
★★☆☆☆
Well...if you love romance books disguise in dystopia, fantasy, or whatever genre, then this is for you.




~PAT~


You Might Also Like

0 comments